ecomaine will award up to six area artists or groups with paint supplies and $500 stipend to paint drop-off recycling stations
Contact: Matt Grondin, Communications Manager
(207) 523-3108; email@example.com
For Immediate Release
PORTLAND, MAINE – (January 22, 2019) ecomaine, Maine’s leader in single-sort recycling, is looking for local artists of all ages to turn its recycling drop-off containers into vibrant works of colorful art as contestants in the seventh annual ecomaine Recycling is a Work of Art Contest.
Winning contestants will receive a $500 stipend as part of the prize for the chosen winners, in addition to the usual $500 worth of art supplies. Read the full contest rules here.
How the contest works:
- You (or your team) envision a design for one of our 22-foot gray steel roll-off recycling bins (see the examples above & below)
- You create a mock-up of the design using these two design templates:
- You email (firstname.lastname@example.org) fax (207-773-8296), or snail mail/drop off (64 Blueberry Road, Portland, ME 04102) your application by no later than Wednesday, February 27, 2019 at 5 p.m.
- ecomaine’s recycling committee will select this winners on March 8 and all painting projects should be completed within one month of receiving the container at the designated painting location.
The Recycling is a Work of Art contest is open to anyone who is a resident of one of ecomaine’s 73 member communities and entries must be received by February 27, 2019 at 5 p.m.
ecomaine is the member-owned, nonprofit, recycling and waste-to-energy operation that serves a third of the state’s population in 73 member communities. ecomaine provides comprehensive long-term solid waste solutions in a safe, environmentally responsible, economically sound manner, and is a leader in raising public awareness of sustainable waste management strategies.