Want to win $500 for your school’s Green Team, STEM Club, or Project Graduation? Submit your design using upcycled materials and let us know how it works!
Last year, we saw hair scrunchies made from old clothing, furniture made from old tires, and movie projectors made from all kinds of would-be-junk materials! Find items that would normally be thrown away and create an all-new, super-useful invention from them!
Students will have until March 19, 2021 to submit their upcycled inventions via the form below.
Finalists will be chosen by ecomaine based on the following criteria:
- Incorporation of post-consumer materials (must be a majority of materials used)
- Ingenuity and functionality of a new “upcycled” invention (must be an entirely new item – though we encourage repair and reuse, this is the Upcycle Challenge!)
- Inclusion of students in the design and construction process
- School (teacher, coach, administrative) leadership and approval
- Submissions must be from one of ecomaine’s 70 member communities to be considered.
Finalists will then be selected by popular vote on social media by Earth Day 2021.