With ecomaine’s Single-Sort Recycling you can combine all your glass, metal, paper, cardboard, and plastics #1-7 into one recycling container. It’s simple, and with more than 120 recycling containers in 60 locations throughout southern Maine, ecomaine provides convenient, energy-efficient disposal of recyclable materials.
Feel free to download the above poster or the “Yes/No” door hanger linked here to educate your colleagues, family or neighbors about how to recycle right.
Things that can’t go in the bin, include:
- Propane, fuel, or gas (O²) tanks
- Plastic film, such as SaranWrap®
- Rope, cables, cords or wires
- Video and audio tapes
- e-waste, such as computers, TVs, etc.
- CDs or DVDs
- Appliances, such as microwaves or refrigerators
- Clothing, shoes or bedding
- Car, truck or boat parts, including batteries
- Plastic knifes, forks and spoons
- Compact Fluorescent Lightbulbs (CFLs) and regular fluorescent bulbs. Click here for a list of Maine stores and other sites that will recycle your used light bulbs.
For a more detailed list of what can and cannot go in the bin, click here.