ecomaine will award up to six area artists or groups with paint supplies and $500 stipend to paint drop-off recycling stations
Contact: Matt Grondin, Communications Manager
(207) 523-3108; email@example.com
ecomaine, Maine’s leader in single-sort recycling, is looking for local artists of all ages to turn its recycling drop-off containers into vibrant works of colorful art as contestants in the seventh annual ecomaine Recycling is a Work of Art Contest.
Winning contestants will receive a $500 stipend as part of the prize for the chosen winners, in addition to the usual $500 worth of art supplies. Read the full contest rules here.
How the contest works:
- You (or your group) envision a design for one of ecomaine‘s 22-foot gray steel roll-off recycling bins (see the examples on this page).
- You create a mock-up of the design using these two design templates:
- You email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or snail mail/drop off (64 Blueberry Road, Portland, ME 04102) your application by no later than Friday, March 6 at 5 p.m.
- ecomaine’s recycling committee will select this winners on March 19 and all painting projects should be completed within six weeks (or in a timeframe arranged with ecomaine staff) of receiving the container at the designated painting location.
- Painting locations will be decided on in coordination with the artist(s) and ecomaine staff; public property in ecomaine communities (used with permission) is recommended, but ecomaine can have containers delivered to a mutually-agreed-upon location, as well.
The Recycling is a Work of Art contest is open to anyone who is a resident of one of ecomaine’s 70 member communities and entries must be received by March 6, 2020 at 5 p.m.
ecomaine is the member-owned, nonprofit, recycling and waste-to-energy operation that serves a third of the state’s population in 70+ member communities. ecomaine provides comprehensive long-term solid waste solutions in a safe, environmentally responsible, economically sound manner, and is a leader in raising public awareness of sustainable waste management strategies.