Artwork to promote recycling will be displayed on mobile recycling dumpsters around Maine
ecomaine has named winners of its Recycling is a Work of Art contest, choosing from among entries from all around Maine to design and paint one of the company’s “silver bullet” single-sort recycling containers. Winners will receive a $500 stipend plus to up to $500 in reimbursement for painting supplies.
The winners selected by the ecomaine Board’s Outreach & Recycling Committee are:
- Maddy Corson of Yarmouth, for her design of wildlife and recycling
- Spenser MacLeod of Portland for a reduce/reuse/recycle and zero waste theme
- Kavya Seshachar from Cape Elizabeth for a detailed patterns of wildlife and the 3 R’s
- Tricia Boyle of South Portland, who submitted a beach theme to remind Mainers to reduce, reuse, and recycle
- Opportunity Alliance’s Maine Stay Program, and their design of the 3 R’s in space
“Every year, we are blown away by these artistic entries,” said Matt Grondin, ecomaine’s Communications Manager. “This year is no exception – the creativity in promoting the benefits of recycling will help ecomaine beautify recycling in our communities even more.”
The artists will receive their containers in early October, and will paint them throughout the month, after which, they will be placed into ecomaine’s regular circulation, so that residents across Maine will have the chance to see and use them.