Normally, ecomaine’s eco-Excellence Award winners are announced at a luncheon event with dozens of people in attendance. In fact, the 2020 event was one of the very last events ecomaine held before the COVID-19 pandemic lockdown occurred. But with so much uncertainty in early 2021, we chose to honor this year’s class via a video tribute, unveiled at ecomaine’s 2021 Annual Meeting in Portland.
Please see the video below for our 2021 eco-Excellence heroes.
The winners are… (click on names for each individual video)
- Arnold Vickery, Hollis
- David Love & Maine Beer Company, Freeport
- Curtis Dimock & the staff from the Yarmouth Transfer Station
- The Ecology School, Saco
- Rev. Priscilla Dreyman, Cape Elizabeth United Methodist Church
- Mary Vertz & The Casco Bay Cleanup Project, Portland
- Kelly Meslin, Town of Gorham
- Scarborough Land Trust
“We weren’t able to gather as usual for our awards ceremony in March,” said Matt Grondin, ecomaine’s Communications Manager. “But we are so glad to have this exciting new way to honor our awardees in a really great setting at Thompson’s Point.”